With almost a week into the new year, how are you doing with your new year resolutions? Do you have new year resolutions? What are they and have you written them down? Are they fitness, personal or career oriented? Leave me a comment and tell me what your resolutions are! I’d love to hear from you.
New year resolutions
Personally, I’m not big on new years resolutions, generally I don’t stick to those. What I am starting to learn is the art of goal setting. Writing down my goals and how they are going to be achieved.
This year though, I did tell myself a couple of things were going to change. I guess we could call them resolutions. One is to meditate more, I used to meditate and practice Reiki regularly. Somehow through the years I’ve lost touch with that. And the other, to build confidence in things I know I am capable of doing. This one is more vague, hence the goal setting.
How to stick to your resolutions & goals
I had to do a bit of research here as I’m new to this as well. Here’s what I dug up:
- Dream big, and then break it down into small steps. Small steps is what it takes to get to a bigger goal.
- It’s important to make resolutions you know you can keep.
- Understand your WHY. Why are you making this change. If you’ve got an audacious resolution, understand it takes considerate amount of change. Understanding your WHY you want this change will help you stick to it.
- Commit yourself and make yourself accountable. And, talk about it with others to help along the way!
- Ask for support! Especially if you have a tough time keeping yourself committed. Shout out your intentions to your partner, to your Facebook peeps or to your mom. Whatever it takes to keep yourself on track.
- Learn from the past. Didn’t stick to your resolutions from last year? Look at why you didn’t and learn from it.
- Give thanks to yourself and forget perfection! Working towards your goal isn’t always pretty, but taking the small steps towards it is a BIG deal. Never forget that.
- Don’t beat yourself up.
My conclusion is that we are all trying to live our best life, however that looks. And goals can be a very personal journey. In the end, you do it for you (even if you think you’re doing it for others), so be kind to yourself and know your worth!
Let’s do this together and have a most incredible year yet!
Thank you for reading and enjoy your journey!
Bringing you the latest in Beauty, Fitness, Life/Style! Be sure to check out our other blog posts and the SHOP! Leave me a comment if you enjoyed this post or if you have ideas for other posts as well.