Who doesn’t love the smell of lavender essential oil?? I sure do and I love to use it in my hair! Why? Because of its many benefits! I’ll explain that later… first of all, without having to read all that if you’re just here for the recipe, here it is!
The super easy lavender DIY hair mask recipe!
You will need 3 tablespoons of Coconut Oil, Lavender Essential Oil and a glass dish to melt it all in. Yes, it gets greasy people! This hair mask is meant to sit in your hair for about 10 mins before you wash your hair.
Let the bathroom sink fill with a bit of warm water, warm enough to melt the coconut oil (if you’re using solid). Place the glass dish in the warm water to melt the coconut oil. Careful that the coconut oil doesn’t get too hot to handle, you don’t need it boiling hot, you just need to simply melt it.
Add several drops of lavender oil to 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil, mix together and apply, rather massage, in to the scalp. Easy right?!?!?! I even apply it to the ends of the hair for a little extra moisturizing. Let it all soak in for 10 mins & go have a shower! You may need to shampoo twice to get it all out, totally worth it though, and safe to do regularly.
Here’s a little recipe card you can save to your phone:
Here’s the info part!
Lavender Oil for Hair
Here are the list of benefits as to why you can use lavender oil for your hair:
- It helps promote hair growth; lavender can generate the growth of cells and reduces stress.
- It’s Antimicrobial; meaning it helps prevent bacteria from growing.
- It has a calming effect!
- Did I mention it reduces stress???
- Seriously, stress is terrible for your body, and in turn for your hair!
- It might help skin inflammation which means lavender oil may be good for scalp inflammation and dry scalps as well; this is not the case for everybody, but for me personally it sure helps. I even apply a bit of diluted lavender oil to breakouts.
- It smells good. Period.
There you have it, the benefits of using lavender oil for your hair. And yes, you can even add it to your current hair car products! Put a bit of shampoo in your palm, add a couple of drops of lavender oil and voila, another DIY recipe using lavender oil.
Thanks for reading! Be sure to check out the other topics and leave a comment, I always like to hear from you.